- Large core diameter of plastic allows 96 per cent of the core to transmit signal point-to-point - ideal for transmission over short distances
- Black PE outer sheath
- Used in medical, automotive, AV interfaces, signs and automation
- Duplex zipcord/figure-8 construction
Duplex Plastic Fibre Optic (POF) Cable 1mm
POF is similar to traditional glass fibre transmiting light/data through the core of the fibre. However POF assemblies have a core size in some cases 100x that of glass fibre. The increased core diameter allows 96% of the core to transmit signal from point-to-point, making it an ideal material for signal transmission over short distances.
POF assemblies possess special characteristics that make this product an ideal solution for applications which traditional glass fibre products are not well suited. For applications requiring a very tight bend radius, POF products generally bend to 25mm with no excessive attenuation. POF products also have a very wide tolerance for scratching and contamination from the field. This tolerance allows the product to perform at acceptable level despite some compromise in physical condition. Plastic optical fibre products are typically used in medical, automotive, home networks, digital audio/video interfaces, signs/illumination, instrumentation, and automation.
POF Cable Features
• Ideal for short distances
• Wide tolerance for scratching and contamination from the field
• Tight bend radius
• Perfect for audio applications
• Low manufacturing cost compared to glass fibre
|# of Cores - Fibre:||1|
|Cable Jacket Material:||LSZH - Low Smoke Zero Halogen|
|Fibre Cable Type/Construction:||Duplex Cord|
Your ordered quantity for this item is more than what we have in stock.
Please contact us to know more about this item's availability or possible restock dates.